COLUMBUS—Everyone knows that Nan Whaley was a complete failure for the City of Dayton. From raising taxes and fees while the city endured record high poverty rates, to failing to manage skyrocketing violent crime on her watch, she utterly failed as the executive of her city.
Sadly, not only is she a poor leader who left her city worse off, but her record shows a disturbing trend of lies and hypocrisy:
- Nan Whaley pretends to want to stop corruption in Government, but she oversaw a corrupt city council and was investigated for taking tens of thousands of dollars in bribes herself. The FBI said Dayton had a “culture of corruption” under her watch.
- Nan Whaley says she wants to get dark money out of politics, but she herself worked for a dark-money organization.
- Nan Whaley says forgiving student loans is “not fair,” but joined other liberal mayors in calling for Joe Biden to forgive federal student loans.
- Nan Whaley is distancing herself from unpopular Joe Biden, but has been a loud voice of support for both campaign and “honored” to help push his reckless spending that is driving up costs.
- Nan Whaley says she is concerned with the issue of distracted driving, but she herself was caught doing a Zoom video meeting while driving her car.
- Nan Whaley believes there should be absolutely zero restriction on abortion, but is pretending she only wants to codify Roe v. Wade in Ohio.
“On issue after issue, failed Mayor Nan Whaley shows an astounding level of hypocrisy because she knows her record is unpopular with Ohio voters; a stark contrast to Governor DeWine who has shown consistent leadership and continues to deliver on his promises to Ohio.“—Ohio GOP Spokesman Dan Lusheck
Bottom Line: Nan Whaley is out of touch with Ohio voters, and her hypocrisy is catching up with her. She pretends to be from the “working class,” but in reality, she is nothing more than a lifelong political staffer who has pushed Democrats’ radical agenda every step of the way.