In fact, Wyss’s contributions reveal that the foreign billionaire supplied as much as 40 percent of the NRAF’s total funding in 2017-2018 and 24 percent in 2018-2019.
So how is this money being used to achieve their purpose here in Ohio?
First, in 2018, they used their left-wing dark money to try to elect Democrats who would eventually end up on the Ohio Redistricting Commission. Donations included:
- Zach Space for Ohio: $12,707.79 on 9/12/2018
- Cordray/Sutton Committee: $12,707.79 on 9/12/2018
- Kathleen Clyde Committee: $12,707.79 on 9/12/2018
- Ohio Senate Democratic Caucus: $19,061 on 10/24/2018
- Ohio House Democratic Caucus: $19,061 on 10/24/2018
- Ohio Democratic Party State Candidate Fund: $38,123 on 10/23/2018
Had the election gone differently, Cordray, Space and Clyde would all serve on the Ohio Redistricting Commission and, like Justice Jennifer Brunner, could be accused of doing the bidding of the NDRC.
Ohio voters, with full knowledge that whichever party won in 2018 would make up the majority on the Commission in the redistricting process, chose to elect Republicans.
Since Ohio voters rejected Democrats in 2018, NDRC began implementing their legal strategy to “sue until it’s blue,” directly funding Democrats who would fight for their cause in future redistricting lawsuits. Some of their 2020 donations included:
- Ohio Democratic Party State Campaign Account: $30,000 on 10/13/2020
- Ohio Democratic Party Supreme Court Fund, i.e. Brunner’s Campaign: $39,877.05 on 9/25/2020
- Ohio Senate Democrats: $19,938.53 on 9/23/2020
- Emilia Sykes Campaign: $13,292.35 on 2/6/2020
- Ohio House Democratic Campaign Committee: $19,938.53 on 2/6/2020
Now, information is circulating that NDRC coordination may run even deeper than financial backing, and they are directly coordinating with the Ohio Democrat Party and members of the Democrat Caucuses in the House and Senate (who they donated thousands to) to determine how they should vote on issues around redistricting.
Bottom Line: What we are seeing is a nationally organized and highly coordinated Democrat power grab, funded by out-of-state and foreign interests.