Register to Vote
April 3, 2017 is the DEADLINE to register for the May 2, 2017 Primary Election and Special Election.
July 10, 2017 is the DEADLINE to register for the August 8, 2017 Special Election.
October 10, 2017 is the DEADLINE to register for the November 7, 2017 General Election.
Registering to vote in Ohio is easy. Here’s how:
- Register online with your Ohio driver’s license or state identification number; OR
- Fill out this form
- Verify you’ve entered your correct information (if you made a mistake, you can edit your information on the pdf);
- Print the pdf, sign, put the completed form in an envelope and mail to your county board of elections or the Secretary of State’s office (click here for a county board of elections directory)
It is recommended you check your registration status. You can do so (once your form is completed and submitted) by contacting your local board of elections or by clicking here to check your voter information.
You are qualified to register to vote in Ohio if you meet all the following requirements:
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You will be at least 18 years old on or before the day of the election.
- You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote.
- You are not incarcerated (in jail or in prison) for a felony conviction.
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court.
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of the election laws.
You are eligible to vote in elections held in your voting precinct more than 30 consecutive days after you are duly registered to vote in this state.