By filling out the following information, a voter registration form will be generated for you to print and mail to your local county board of elections. February 16, 2016 is the DEADLINE to register for the March, 15th Primary Election.
Here are three simple steps to register to vote.
- Fill out the information here: http://www.sos.state.oh.us/sos/upload/elections/forms/4010.pdf
- Verify you’ve entered your correct information (if you made a mistake, you can edit your information on the pdf);
- Print the pdf, sign, put the completed form in an envelope and mail to your county board of elections or the Secretary of State’s office (click here for a county board of elections directory)
It is recommended you check your registration status. You can do so (once your form is completed and submitted) by contacting your local board of elections or by clicking here to check your voter information.
You are qualified to register to vote in Ohio if you meet all the following requirements:
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You will be at least 18 years old on or before the day of the election.
- You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote.
- You are not incarcerated (in jail or in prison) for a felony conviction.
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court.
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of the election laws.
You are eligible to vote in elections held in your voting precinct more than 30 consecutive days after you are duly registered to vote in this state.